Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise has been one of the premier leaders in database technology.. The 2019 edition picks up right where it's predecessor left off by adding a range of features to increase productivity within managing your database.
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise is powerful relational database management system used by most of the world’s top enterprises and businesses.
Microsoft SQL 2019 is used to build intelligent, mission-critical applications using a scaleable, hybrid data platform for demanding workloads, Its improvements are as follows:
- Improvements to big data clusters as SQL provides all the tools and systems to input, store, and prepare data for analysis
- Break down data silos by gaining insights from your database queries across all your databases - SQL, Azure, MySQL, Oracle and more
- Data virtualization to integrate external data sources
- Azure Machine Learning and Spark ML - Get started with SQL Server 2019 on Azure Virtual Machines in minutes with preconfigured images on Linux and Windows. Take advantage of unique built-in security and manageability to automate tasks like patching and backups, and save with Azure Hybrid Benefit
- Support for Kubernetes deployments or universal deployment - Windows and Linux containers
- Manage structured and unstructured data formats
- #1 in performance - record-breaking performance with consistent leads across your workloads and real-world application performance benchmarks
- Intelligent database querying - Upgrade and modernize your SQL Server database on-premises, in the cloud, and at the edge
- Built-in security and compliance - fewest vulnerabilities of any SQL predecessor or competitive software
- Improved database availability by enabling fast and consistent database recovery
In general both the Standard and Enterprise 2019 Editions of SQL Server are very similar with some features being limited in the Standard version. All in all, unless you really need to fully utilise SQL across your whole infrastructure and organisation the Standard edition should be sufficient.
The main component present in the Enterprise Version and omitted within the standard is the extensible key management feature. The rest of the features are similar however with Standard there is limitations as to the scope of the parameters.
Microsoft SQL Software includes:
- Increased Reliability
- Improved Security
- Excellent Privacy features
- Simplified Administration
- Free version upgrades and updates