Windows Server 2022 Datacenter Version is reliably designed to help you achieve efficient levels of productivity and performance, by delivering powerful features and capabilities which simplify administration, secure your communication, protect information transfers, therefor empowering it's users to work across universal devices and screens to achieve their respective goals and targets.
Windows Server 22 4 Core has improved upon its features, design and visual elements of it's predecessors to be more efficient, secure and become your organisations server operating system platform from a brand you can trust.
Windows Server 2022 is now more modern and robust as well as having some powerful features, improvements from its predecessor 2019 including, but not limited to:
- Windows Admin Center - providing a full blown web interface to control and track your windows server from any web browser to monitor and configure your server.
- Better platform flexibility - Provides universally familiar and scalable yet highly flexible universally loved graphical user interface (gui)
- Increasing productivity with an original yet familiar intuitive user experience
- Efficient administrative features to save time and production - thus allowing you to spend less time searching for information and more time working with it
- Latest security enhancements making it the most secure operating system to date - including Hy[pervisor- based code integrity, secured-core server, hardware and TLS support improvements.
- Easy integration of the linux core - you can utilize linux containers.
- Enhanced system insights - providing a robust system with more detail and information for you to the tasks at hand more efficiently with more information than ever available.
- Automated client connectivity - automates business activities and processes to make it easier than ever before.
- Hybrid Cloud support and kubernetes support.
Windows Server 2022 is available in three versions, Essentials, Standard and Datacenter. The Datacenter edition is the most complete edition and includes the new and up-to-date Datacenter-specific features (Shielded Virtual Machines, Storage Spaces Direct, and Software-Defined Networking) in addition to unlimited server virtualization as well as all features present in Windows 2022 Server Standard.
||Virtualization and Cloud
||Core-based - Up to 32 Cores
||Physical + 2 VMs - Additional VM's require additional Standard Licenses
||Core-based - Up to 32 Cores
||Up to 25 users and 50 devices
|| In Stock
In short, Datacenter has many more features which can be found here
The Key difference being Standard Edition is limited to the number of Virtual Machines whereas Datacenter allows Unlimited Virtual Machines as well as Network Controller, and Hyper-V support as well as increased server roles within the operating system itself.
|Locks / Limits
|| Server 2022 Standard Edition
|| Server 2022 Datacenter Edition
|Can be used as virtualization guest
||Yes; 2 virtual machines, plus one Hyper-V host per license
||Yes; unlimited virtual machines, plus one Hyper-V host per license